Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dedicated to my Brother, Eric.. July 13 1966-June 28,1982



In a few days will be the anniversary of my youngest brothers death. (June 28, 1982) He was a very good young man, 16, and if lived on, believe he would have grown to a fine man. For anyone who has lost a loved one, time doesn't really matter, he was here with us it seems like yesterday, however so long ago.... I wrote a poem after his death, and will share it here on this blog spot, strange, last year I found this video, which seems to relate in some ways, the butterflies, and flying through the clouds it seems so heavenly, and closely titled to my poem, maybe he stopped by to say hello! Many of you may know that after the funeral there were millions of butterflies everywhere in my mothers backyard, never happened before that or again... I believe it was a message from him.. Here is to you, Eric...miss and Love you!!!







Written to my mother A Poem ( about my brother Eric)
1982
Whispers in the Wind


Memories oh precious memories
your like whispers in the wind,
Of times of long ago , but not to long
of when birthing ends and your last is born.
The past seems less important than present and future,
as each day blossoms with new expectations.
The last child an ending of past events.
A new beginning into a new future of unknown times.
Pleading with time to hold still a little longer,
but time will not cooperate it must have its way.
I watch time steal away into memories , from teething rings, to
basketballs and all the in between that makes growth inevitable.
I see through a window of the past , of times when you were
small, of worn out grass where you played but no more.
I see a lonely basketball waiting for your return, but you won't.
And as the grass reclaims its footing and covers the earth which
you labored so hard to uncover.
I'll hang on to those memories, Oh precious memories,
that are like whispers in the wind.
Butterfly Laa Dedicated to my brother who passed away at 16 years old


This is to my mother, who every day for years has visited my brothers grave, in sickness and in health, with relentless love....She has decorated his grave for every occasion, I honor her for that, she is a wonderful faithful Mom, devoted to her children, no matter where they are! It hurt her so when my brother died, but I know now she knows, she has three other children that have loved her for many years... and that won't change.... This song by Eric Clapton, is about losing his young son, and I dedicate it to my mother... I love you Mom, always and forever...





There is a Bible verse that has stayed with me, before he died, and was said at his funeral, they didn't know how special it was to me, and I didn't really until his death how much.... it reads;

1st Corinthians verse 13, 4-7

Love is patient and kind, love is not jealous or boastful, it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment